- 2 lbs venison steak, fat trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons butter (or more)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup cooking sherry
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 1 dash curry powder
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Add butter to a largeskillet and brown the venison and mushrooms quickly.
- Stir in sherry and water.
- Add the onion soup mix, garlic salt, curry powder and bouillon cube.
- Mix well, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes every 15 minutes add liquid if necessary.
- Just before serving add sour cream, heat through and serve.
- Serve it over rice or egg noodles.