Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Kill It & Grill It cookbook! Use 1-2 lbs. venison.
Make and share this Ted Nugent's Venison Marinade recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely minced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup finely minced onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 cup finely minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 3⁄4 cups white wine
- 7 cups water
- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Heat oil in saucepan and saute carrots and onions until just soft.
- Add garlic and shallots and saute 1 minute - DO NOT BROWN!
- Add all remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain and cool marinade before pouring over meat.
- Place meat in a covered glass dish that allows the liquid to cover the entire piece of meat.
- Marinate 7 to 8 hours.
- Cook as desired.
Wonderful Marinade! Simple to make, I liked this better as a steak marinade, rather than for Venison - I just found it too sweet for venison. Otherwise it's a great marinade. I will also be using this for chicken. Thank you for sharing this!