Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are cute little cookies. Great for a baby shower. The dough will be crumbly, but it will hold together when pressed in the teaspoon.
- 1 cup butter, no substitutes
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- strawberry jam
- In a heavy saucepan, brown the butter over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In mixing bowl, stir butter with sugar and vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking soda.
- Gradually add to the butter mixture.
- Stir until mixture is uniformly crumbly.
- To shape each cookie, press a bit of dough firmly into a teaspoon, leveling the top.
- Slide shaped dough out onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325F for 8-10 minutes or until just barely browned.
- Cool cookies on pan.
- Carefully remove cookies from pan, using thin spatula (I use parchment paper).
- Spread a bit of jam on flat side of half of the cookies.
- Top with the other half to make little sandwiches.
- Store in cool place in airtight tin or freezer.
- Flavor improves with aging.