Recipe by Jezski
A quick and easy scone recipe. From My Archives. Been making this since the 1960's! That was before scones were trendy!
- 591.47 ml Bisquick
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 177.44 ml chopped walnuts
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 14.79 ml grated lemon peel (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Bisquick, sugar, cinnamon and walnuts.
- Stir in sour cream, 3 T butter, the egg and peel. Mix quickly and gently to form dough.
- Knead gently 8 to 10 times on floured surface. Pat into 6" circle & cut into 8 wedges.
- Brush with remainder of butter; sprinkle with additional sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet in 425 oven 10-12 minutes until golden brown.