Recipe by CJAY
A marinade made with black tea and other Asian ingredients is served with broiled chicken legs and wings on a bed of steamed rice for an easy to make and delightful meal.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
A tasty version of sticky-style chicken recipes. I used all drumsticks. The marinade was well thought-out, including sweet/savoury/tart elements. A little too much heat for us. Thank you chef, and good luck in the contest.
- 4 chicken legs
- 4 chicken wings
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 2 black tea bags
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dark Karo syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (mixed with 2 tsp. water)
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 cup long grain rice, steamed (I used rice cooker)
Directions See How It's Made
- Steep tea in boiling water for 2- 3 minutes. Remove tea bags. Add green onions, oil, lemon juice, soy sauce,Karo syrup, red pepper flakes, minced ginger and garlic. Stir and set aside.
- In a plastic bag, add chicken pieces and marinade. Marinate for 2 hours or longer. Remove chicken from marinade (reserve marinade) and place on foil-lined broiler pan. Broil about 25 minutes or until done, turning twice.
- Place marinade in small saucepan and bring to a boil. Add cornstarch slurry and hoisin sauce. Cook until thickened.
- To serve: Place scoop of steamed rice in center of plate. Put 2 pieces of chicken over rice and drizzle with sauce. Serve extra sauce on the side.