Recipe by andypandy
these are dainty melt in your mouth cookies that I have been making for 30 years. please give it a try for your cookie tray or for the older folks with a nice cup of tea.
Top Review by Jezski
These were pretty good, not quite what I expected. I didn't use the orange zest, just not my thing. Instead I chopped up 3-4 squares of very good chocolate (Aldi's) and some walnuts, increased the vanilla, added some almond and rum extracts. Andypandy, thanks for sharing . . . Janet
- 1 cup margarine (solid type at room temp)
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the margarine, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Add beaten eggs, vanilla, and zest.
- Beat in well.
- Combine in the flour and the salt.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Drop onto parchment lined or greased baking sheet.
- Bake 350 degrees for 11 to 12 minutes.
- Bottom should be browned only.
- Store after completely cooled in an airtight container.
- May also dredge into icing powder and then store if desired.