Recipe by Mimi in Maine
These are really a confection. Arrange them on your cookie tray at Christmas in tiny cupcake papers, or make them for a birthday party. They are so good and so pretty, and they really do look like little strawberries. You'll be amazed at how good they taste.
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
These are very easy to make and everyone loves them. You can also use lemon jello (2 3ounce pkgs.) and some additional lemon extract, just a drop added to the condensed sweetened milk. I suggest measuring the one pkg of jello to reserve half. Refrigerate if making ahead of time before serving.
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert (not sugar-free)
- 1 (7 ounce) package flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Reserve one-half package of jello.
- Put the rest of ingredients in a bowl, adding enough coconut to molding consistency; mix well.
- With your fingers, shape to resemble strawberries.
- Roll in reserved jello.
- With some decorating frosting that has been tinted green, and using a leaf tip for your decorating bag, decorate with three little leaves.
- Put in the papers and set aside.