Recipe by Raine in Texas
A really flavorful way to cook pork utilizing Silver Leaf Tea’s Moroccan Mint, which has a green tea base, no artificial flavorings and a ton of flavor. No added oil or salt!
Top Review by FLKeysJen
What tender, juicy chops without any fat or salt. This would be fun to try with other types of teas, spices, herbs and meat. The pork does literally soak up the green tea and get a little yellow-green tinge to it, so it might not a be a guest-worthy dish. Very easy to make!
- 12 ounces pork chops
- 3⁄4 cup tea (Silver Leaf Tea's Moroccan Mint brewed strong)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh banana pepper, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh spearmint, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chives, chopped
- black pepper (sprinkling to your taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour .5 cups tea into a large skillet just under medium heat.
- Add sage, banana peppers, garlic, chives, spearmint.
- Let herbs saute in the tea as the begins to condense for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Make sure to distribut tea and spices throughout the pan.
- Add pork chops5. Add .25 cups tea to pan5. Sprinkle black pepper on top of pork chops.
- When bottom turns white, turn the pork chops over and sprinkle with pepper to taste (arround 10 minutes).
- Cook until pork chops are solid white, turning occasionally.