Recipe by Bergy
This is something very different to serve but very, very good. It's worth the work. I do not recommend throwing tea leaves on a gas BBQ. Also use One recipe Far East Marinade (separate posting here on recipezaar)
- 2 ducks, cleaned and quartered
- 1 cup fresh brewed lapsang souchong tea or 1 cup other black tea, brewed and cooled,reserve the tea leaves (Make it quite strong)
- 1⁄3 cup dry lapsand souchong tea leaves
- fresh kumquat
- tangerine, wedges (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the marinade ahead of time (make it the day ahead).
- Soak duck quarters in cooled infused tea for 2 hours.
- Drain and add the marinade to cover the duck (use a zip lock bag for easy turning).
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Bring duck to room temp uncovered.
- Heat BBQ to medium hot, oil the grill.
- Scatter dry tea leaves directly over the coals.
- Grill the duck fat side down sear the quarters turn every 5 minutes and baste with the marinade.
- Close grill lid and let the duck smoke in the tea smoke.
- Keep turning the duck.
- Continue grill until it is cooked the way you like it.
- It will be charred on the outside.
- Garnish with cumquats or tangerines.