Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From First, 1/26/09. Suggested with meal of Minted Gremolata Halibut, Tomato-Thyme Roasted Squash or Zucchini with Fennel, and Feta-Stuffed Cucumber Salad.
- In 3-quart saucepot, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Add tea bags to boiling water. Cover and steep 5 minutes.
- Squeeze tea bags to extract excess liquid; discard tea bags.
- Return green tea to a boil. Add orzo; cook 9 minutes or until orzo is tender, adding raisins during last minute of cooking.
- Drain orzo-raisin mixture.
- In bowl, combine orzo mixture, toasted pine nuts, olive oil and chopped scallion.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
I really enjoyed this. I like the way the tea flavor sort of goes into your mouth before the actual food. The sweetness of the raisins was most welcome.
This was niiiiice!!!! Nobody is going to jump up & say, "wow, tis tastes like tea!" but it has a nice subtle flavor and the rest of the ingredients make for a nice pilaf-y dish. We all enjoyed it tremendously. Even mom who said, "what is orzo?" Made for the 7/09 Veg*n Swap.