Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
One of the top five chosen recipes from Third Annual Foster Farms Fresh Chicken Cooking Contest.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened instant tea
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider, unfiltered
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 10 ounces spinach
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 small apples, diced
- 2⁄3 cup spicy nuts (many good recipes on food.com)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In small bowl, combine tea, ginger, cinnamon and brown sugar. Coat chicken lightly with olive oil; rub spice seasoning into chicken pieces and sprinkle with one teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Place chicken in hot oven and bake 40 minutes or until cooked through and through. Remove from oven, cool slightly and slice into strips.
- In the meantime chicken is baking, make pickled onions by combining onion slices, one teaspoon salt, sugar, water and vinegar in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook until onions are translucent, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and cool. In separate sauce pan, place cider. Bring to a boil over medium high heat and cook until reduced to one cup, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in shallot, mustard and remaining salt. Slowly whisk in salad oil. Cool.
- In large serving bowl, combine spinach, bacon, pickled onions, diced apple and about one-fourth cup cider vinaigrette dressing. Toss well to coat. Place chicken strips on top of spinach and sprinkle with nuts.