Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tuna salad recipe from a tea room in Missouri. Not your average tuna salad--it's delicious used on tuna melts.
- 170.09 g can tuna in water
- 14.79 ml mayonnaise
- 44.37 ml French dressing (preferably Ott's)
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- For Tuna Melt: Grill tuna salad on rye bread with a slice of Swiss cheese.
I made this for a quick lunch today, it was very good! We loved the taste of the pecans mixed in. We had it on 12 grain bread. Along with a few sauted veggies, this made a great, easy meal. Thanks Denise!
I served this to some of the girls I had over for a luncheon. They loved it. I couldn't find Ott's French Dressing so I used Krafts. I spread it on party rye bread along with a big platter of fresh-cut vegtables. The pecans gave it a nice "crunch". Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Great recipe! I used almonds instead of pecans and they were excellent .. thanks, I'll make this one again!