Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from a local tea room. They can be made as recipe states or with white chocolate and cranberries. You can also add a number of things to the dry ingredients to make your own version such as chocolate chips etc.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter (real)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Cut butter into flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Mix together egg, half n half and vanilla.
- Blend wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
- Place on floured board, knead ten times (no more or will become to tough).
- Pat out and cut with a floured biscuit cutter or glass.
- Place on baking sheet and brush with a mixture of half n half and vanilla over tops.
- Bake at 350 degrees till brown on top and bottom like biscuits 15 - 20 minutes.
A really great recipe! I had to add both the dried cranberries and the white chocolate chips, and it came out very nicely. If you eat this almost right away, the white chocolate chips will have a melt in your mouth feel and taste to it.
Made mine with white chocolate and dried cranberries. Very delicious. Thanks, Petdrwife! Made for My 3 Chefs event.