Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are fun to make; very different. They are a plain cracker with a little flavoring of the seasoned salt. If you are serving them at a tea party provide Cinnamon-Honey Spread to spread on them; they are yummy. Make them small so they fit into the tea party theme.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt (see note below)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- Sift the first 4 ingredients together.
- Cut in the butter till crumbly.
- Stir in, all at once, the half and half.
- Gently knead on floured board 10-12 times.
- Roll 1/4" thick and cut with floured cookie cutter in shape desired.
- Bake on greased sheet in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
- Split crackers and with cut side up bake an additional 5-7 minutes till golden.
- NOTE: Any seasoned salt will do--I have used Morton's Natures Seasoning, but others would be good.