Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- In bowl mix dry (flour, sugar, salt, baking powder) ingredients. Cut in butter until mix looks like coarse crumbs. Add in orange rind and pecans.
- In separate bowl combine egg milk and Jack Daniels.
- Now add to dry mix; place in loaf pan.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 cup chopped pecans on top.
- Bake for 1 hour or till it test done.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan; turn out on rack to cool.
- Makes about 14 to 18 slices.
This is also known as " Lady of Lynchburg Tea Loaf ".