Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of those dishes that taste sooo much better than it sounds. If the mention of prunes bring back nightmare memories of school dinners (prunes and cold custard Urgh!!), you could use dried apricots instead. (Prep time includes cooling time)
- Boil 1 pint of water in a medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat and add the tea bags and steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove the teabag from the pan and add the brandy (or Marsala), sugar, lemon, cinnamon and rosemary to the tea.
- Add the prunes and figs, bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile place the yoghurt in a bowl and split the vanilla pod to remove the seeds, add the seeds to the yoghurt, and mix well.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set aside until completely cold.
- Remove the cinnamon, lemon and rosemary.
- Serve with vanilla yoghurt.
This sounds wonderful. I cannot wait to give a try!