Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Technically, this is NOT a recipe - more of a CONCEPT or as a new venture and just a way to add more variety (and flavor and color in some delicious cases) to plain ole hot cereal. Feel free to use with oatmeal, farina (cream of wheat), cream of rice (which could use that extra punch), grits, or cornmeal mush (maybe even porridge)
- 1 tea bag (any flavor)
- water (whatever amount specified)
- dry hot cereal (whatever amount specified)
- protein powder (adds creaminess) (optional)
- chopped fresh fruit or dried fruits
- artificial sweetener
- First, nuke the water and tea bag in a microwave until tea is brewed.
- When done, combine with hot cereal and optional protein powder in a microwave-safe dish.
- Prepare according to cereal's directions.
- Mix in your add-ins to taste.
Lovely way of adding variation to your oatmeal or other hot cereal! I used old-fashioned oatmeal and a cherry-black currant tea, which added great colour and taste! Also I used some cinnamon for the spices. Mmmm! I, too made this on the stove top and it came together very quickly and easily. I cant wait to try other types of tea and cereal using this concept. :) THANKS SO MUCH for sharing your yummy recipe with us, nomnom! Made and reviewed for Comfort Cafe-Snow Queen Round-January 2010. Made and reviewed
This is a fabulous concept for hot cereal! I used a mint green tea bag and steeped it using water from my steaming hot water dispenser (one gadget I love!). Then I added the instant cream of wheat and cooked it on the stove top. It had a lovely mint flavor. I added a sprinkling of splenda to sweeten it a tad, but it would have been fine on its own. I loved how it was easy to get some more green tea into me! Thanks Jessica!