Recipe by Sephardi Kitchen
I discovered this last summer, and it is amazing! It visibly tightens my pores, reduces oiliness, moisturizes, reduces redness + blemishes, and makes your skin sooo smooth afterwards! The only drawback is that I'm (understandably) not motivated to do it during the cold winters here in Illinois! It is great during the summer though :) All quantities are approximate, feel free to experiment! Cooking time is freezing time.
- 2 cups water
- 1 green tea bag (provides antioxidants)
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder (antibacterial, helps prevent acne, exfoliates)
- 1 tablespoon honey (moisturizes or softens)
- 2 -3 teaspoons rose water (smells nice -- )
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the water to boiling, add the tea bag and let steep until a very strong tea is brewed. Tear open the tea bag, so the leaves are added to the water (they do a great job exfoliating later!).
- Stir in the turmeric, honey and rose water. Feel free to add other agents such as Vitamin E or milk (to provide additional moisturizing properties).
- Pour into a standard ice cube tray, let freeze until partially set (1-2 hours maybe?).
- Stir the ice compartments to break up the crystals. Place a toothpick into each ice compartment. Allow to freeze until set.
- TO USE:.
- Take a shower or wash your face with warm water. This will open your pores.
- Rub the ice cube all over your face for several minutes, paying special attention to the forehead, nose and chin (make sure the melted ice does not drip onto your clothes, because the turmeric may cause a stain!).
- Return the ice cube to the tray if not used up. With your fingers, gently massage the turmeric/tea leaf residue over your face to exfoliate.
- Rinse off with cold water.
- Optional: finish with a splash of witch hazel or another toner, acne cream (if needed), and/or your favorite moisturizer cream.