3 hrs 15 mins
Sephardi Kitchen's Note:
I discovered this last summer, and it is amazing! It visibly tightens my pores, reduces oiliness, moisturizes, reduces redness + blemishes, and makes your skin sooo smooth afterwards! The only drawback is that I'm (understandably) not motivated to do it during the cold winters here in Illinois! It is great during the summer though :) All quantities are approximate, feel free to experiment! Cooking time is freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the water to boiling, add the tea bag and let steep until a very strong tea is brewed. Tear open the tea bag, so the leaves are added to the water (they do a great job exfoliating later!).
- 2Stir in the turmeric, honey and rose water. Feel free to add other agents such as Vitamin E or milk (to provide additional moisturizing properties).
- 3Pour into a standard ice cube tray, let freeze until partially set (1-2 hours maybe?).
- 4Stir the ice compartments to break up the crystals. Place a toothpick into each ice compartment. Allow to freeze until set.
- 5TO USE:.
- 6Take a shower or wash your face with warm water. This will open your pores.
- 7Rub the ice cube all over your face for several minutes, paying special attention to the forehead, nose and chin (make sure the melted ice does not drip onto your clothes, because the turmeric may cause a stain!).
- 8Return the ice cube to the tray if not used up. With your fingers, gently massage the turmeric/tea leaf residue over your face to exfoliate.
- 9Rinse off with cold water.
- 10Optional: finish with a splash of witch hazel or another toner, acne cream (if needed), and/or your favorite moisturizer cream.
Browse Our Top Iranian/Persian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Iranian/Persian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tea Ice (Face Treatment)
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green tea bags