1/1 Photo of Tea Fruitcake Recipe Courtesy of Lynn Kearney
25 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I am guilty of posting a recipe I haven't made yet, but I have almost everything and will be soon:) This was a featured recipe on the Food Network and I liked the combination of fruits used in this, all tasty and familiar. It has a 5star rating on the Foodtv site. The creator of the recipe, Lynn Kearney, owns and operates a B&B and serves this there.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml golden raisin
- 236.59 ml dried currant
- 177.44 ml dried cherries
- 177.44 ml dried apricot, chopped
- 354.88 ml walnuts, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 177.44 ml brandy
- 1In a medium bowl mix together the fruit, walnuts, lemon zest and brandy. Cover and allow to macerate in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours or up to 7 days, stirring occasionally. Drain off any excess liquid before making batter.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour 2 9"x5" loaf pans.
- 3In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and beat well.
- 4Sift together the dry ingredients and toss 1/2 c of this mixture with the fruit. This will help to "suspend" the fruit evenly throughout the loaf.
- 5Add the remainder of the dry mix in two batches to the butter mixture, alternating with the orange juice and brandy.
- 6Beat until incorporated. Fold in the floured fruit and nuts.
- 7Spoon batter evenly between the 2 loaf pans.
- 8Bake 1 hour and 15 min up to 1 hr and 30 minute or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 9Cool 5 min in pan then turn out gently and cool on a rack.
- 10Can be wrapped and frozen whole or in slices.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tea Fruitcake Recipe Courtesy of Lynn Kearney
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.6
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 37.9 mg
- Sodium 106.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of