Raine in Texas's Note:
A delightful cookie made with Silver Leaf Teas - Organic,non-artificially flavored orange spice tea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup of warm brewed orange spice tea (Brand is Silver Leaf Tea)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate (optional)
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2In large mixing bowl pour warm tea.
- 3Add sugar and brown sugar to the tea mixture.
- 4Stir until sugar dissolves.
- 5In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, nutmeg and cloves.
- 6Add butter to the bowl with with sugar and tea mixture.
- 7Stir the butter, sugar and tea mixture until thoroughly blended (mixture may not look creamy because of water and butter).
- 8Slowly add while stirring the flour mixture to the wet ingredients.
- 9Stir until all flour is mixed in and the mixture is creamy.
- 10Add almonds, pistacios and chocolate (optional) and stir until blended into the mixture.
- 11Spoon heaping teaspoons of the cookie dough on to an ungreased cookie sheet aproximately 1 inch a part from each other.
- 12Bake at 375 for 10 to 12 minutes (golden brown and firm).
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tea for 2 Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.9
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 37.9 mg
- Sodium 134.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
brewed orange spice tea