Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delightful cookie made with Silver Leaf Teas - Organic,non-artificially flavored orange spice tea.
- 3⁄4 cup of warm brewed orange spice tea (Brand is Silver Leaf Tea)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate (optional)
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In large mixing bowl pour warm tea.
- Add sugar and brown sugar to the tea mixture.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, nutmeg and cloves.
- Add butter to the bowl with with sugar and tea mixture.
- Stir the butter, sugar and tea mixture until thoroughly blended (mixture may not look creamy because of water and butter).
- Slowly add while stirring the flour mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Stir until all flour is mixed in and the mixture is creamy.
- Add almonds, pistacios and chocolate (optional) and stir until blended into the mixture.
- Spoon heaping teaspoons of the cookie dough on to an ungreased cookie sheet aproximately 1 inch a part from each other.
- Bake at 375 for 10 to 12 minutes (golden brown and firm).
I made these as directed with one exception: I used softened butter because I "always" do. My result: flat cookies that burnt so bad they stuck to the non-stick cookie pan! Yikes -- I went to bed late to clean up the mess this created in my kitchen! I've had this problem with some other cookie types. I will try again; not sure what I'd change. Perhaps I'll figure it out by then! Thanks, Raine in Texas for what sounds like an amazing cookie recipe! Made for My 3 Chefs.