Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light (April 2001). This is one I haven't tried, but I've been trying to use more tofu, and this recipe looks interesting.
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 green tea bags or 2 teaspoons loose green tea
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (12 1/3 ounce) package low-fat extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green tea bags (opened) or 2 teaspoons loose green tea
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups salad greens
- 2 cups Asian pears or 2 cups ripe pears, cubed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Dressing: Pour boiling water over tea bags in a medium bowl.
- Steep 3 minutes; strain tea leaves or discard tea bags.
- Combine the tea, onions, and next 4 ingredients (onions through garlic); set aside.
- Salad: Cut the tofu into 8 squares.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 teaspoons tea leaves, sesame seeds, and salt; stir-fry 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Arrange tofu on tea leaves mixture; sauté for 6 minutes or until golden brown, turning after 3 minutes.
- Place tofu on a paper towel.
- Combine greens, pear, and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss well.
- Divide salad evenly over 4 plates.
- Top each serving with 2 tofu slices.