Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are the cookies that my grandmother use to make for us every Christmas. Now my children and I enjoy making them.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Cream the sugar, butter and eggs together.
- Mix together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Once this is well mixed, add the vanilla and vinegar.
- Roll about 1/4 of the dough at a time to about 1/8" thick. Cut with cookie cutters.
- Bake in oven at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until starting to brown on the edges.