- 1 2⁄3 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- In another bowl, cream shortening and sugar until fluffy, then add eggs.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with milk in small amounts.
- Add vanilla.
- Fill greased cupcake pans 2/3 full.
- Bake in hot oven (400F) for 15-18 minutes.