Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found in the 1961 edition of the Woman's World Cook Book.
Make and share this Tea Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 2⁄3 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- In another bowl, cream shortening and sugar until fluffy, then add eggs.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with milk in small amounts.
- Add vanilla.
- Fill greased cupcake pans 2/3 full.
- Bake in hot oven (400F) for 15-18 minutes.
Made these to serve on Christmas morning as part of a buffet. Plan on having lots of spreads to enjoy them with. Thnx for sharing your recipe, truebrit. Made for Let's P-A-R-T-Y Dec 2009.