Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lighter than scones, they're the perfect afternoon snack. This recipe is fairly flexible: water, milk, or orange juice all add their own subtle flavours as liquids; substitution of coconut for raisins makes a very nice dessert bun. Try what you like! The recipe, as is, is delicious with stewed rhubarb.
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter or margarine until well-blended and no longer lumpy.
- Add raisins.
- Add milk.
- Roll dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll with a rolling pin until 1-1/2 inches thick.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 13-15 minutes.