1/1 Photo of Tea Biscuits or Pot Pie Top Crust
Easy to make and delicious! My Mom used to make these biscuits for after school snacks with butter, cheese, jam . . . Also great with stews or gravies, and as a top crust for pot pies!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Grease baking sheet.
- 3Stir all dry ingredients together.
- 4Add the milk and margarine and stir until mixed - dough will be sticky!
- 5Turn onto well-floured counter and knead 7 times.
- 6Roll dough to desired thickness (1" for biscuits or 1/2" for pot pie tops).
- 7Cut biscuits and place on baking sheet.
- 8Whisk egg and brush it onto the tops and sides of biscuits. If desired - top with grated cheddar cheese (I prefer them plain - hubby likes cheese).
- 9Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and done.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tea Biscuits or Pot Pie Top Crust
Serving Size: 1 (622 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.6
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 30.7 mg
- Sodium 231.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 5.0 g