Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are quick and easy. Always nice to have fresh Biscuits with a meal that don't take much work.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Add milk.
- Turn out on a lightly floured surface and roll to about 3/4" thick.
- Cut out circles. To do this, my mother taught me to use drinking glass. Just turn it upside down and press into the dough. Perfect rounds every time.
- Place rounds on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 20 minutes.
Great biscuits Axe. Quick and easy to make. Crisp and tender just the way I like them. The flavor was excellant. I made a 1/2 batch and got 6 biscuits (3"). Used buttermilk, as I was out of regular miIk, they turned out great. We can't wait to have these again. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe.
Great, great biscuits! So easy and quick to make with spectacular taste and texture. Very flaky, very buttery and yummy! Mmm, I could hardly stop eating these and wish I had made the full recipe. lol
I got 8 bikkies from 1/2 the recipe and those were gone in nearly no time. Mine rose beautifully, too.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing a real keeper with us, Axe!
Made and reviewed on recommendation of Azparzych September 2011.
I made a stew and decided to make these biscuits to go with it. The biscuits were so good that I just wanted to eat them and not the stew. Thanks for such a good recipe.