Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From my local paper
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir rogether dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles peas.
- Add buttermilk and stir.
- Turn out dough onto floured surface and knead slightly.
- Spread out dough to approximately 1 inch thick.
- Using a 6.5 cm diameter cookie cutter or lightly floured glass, cut out biscuits and place on ungreased cookie sheet so that the biscuits touch as they are baking.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until light brown.
Loved these tea biscuits KitchenKelly! I divided the dough in half and added cinnamon and raisins to one half and left the other half plain. They are soft and light and just delicious. Made for Spring Pick A Chef 2011.
These were very soft and delicious