- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir rogether dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles peas.
- Add buttermilk and stir.
- Turn out dough onto floured surface and knead slightly.
- Spread out dough to approximately 1 inch thick.
- Using a 6.5 cm diameter cookie cutter or lightly floured glass, cut out biscuits and place on ungreased cookie sheet so that the biscuits touch as they are baking.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until light brown.