Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderful recipe that you can make up the mixture and store in your Fridge and make up batches of biscuits as you need them. I got this recipe from a girl I worked with who had brought them to a breakfast. I keep a batch made up at the cottage. Quick, easy and so tasty.
- ( Measure all ingredients accurately).
- Combine Flour,Baking powder and salt in a large bowl. cut in shorting with pastry blender until mixture rsembles coarse meal. Store in fridge or a cool dry place.
- FOR 1 BATCH( about a dozen biscuits).
- 21/2 cups biscuit mix.
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk.
- add milk to mixture. stir with a fork until moist. Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Round up dough and knead gently about 15 times. roll dough to about 3/4" thickness. Cut into rounds with floured cutter (or Glass) Place on cookie sheet and bake at425F for 10 to 12 minutes. Yield is approximate.