Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a wonderful recipe that you can make up the mixture and store in your Fridge and make up batches of biscuits as you need them. I got this recipe from a girl I worked with who had brought them to a breakfast. I keep a batch made up at the cottage. Quick, easy and so tasty.
- 10 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 lb shortening (softened)
for 1 batch
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- raisins or cheese, could be added
- ( Measure all ingredients accurately).
- Combine Flour,Baking powder and salt in a large bowl. cut in shorting with pastry blender until mixture rsembles coarse meal. Store in fridge or a cool dry place.
- FOR 1 BATCH( about a dozen biscuits).
- 21/2 cups biscuit mix.
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk.
- add milk to mixture. stir with a fork until moist. Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Round up dough and knead gently about 15 times. roll dough to about 3/4" thickness. Cut into rounds with floured cutter (or Glass) Place on cookie sheet and bake at425F for 10 to 12 minutes. Yield is approximate.
A great recipe! This is surprisingly easy to make up and so handy to have mixed and ready to go. I got five portions which I measured into plastic bags and double bagged before putting into the fridge. Made up a batch adding cheese and freeze dried chives to go with tonights supper soup. Not only were there no leftovers the boys were looking for more! The soup and biscuits made for a wonderful evening meal. Thank you Dot for another of your great tasting recipes.