Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
An unusual recipe from Dilmah Tea Company. Does require at least 2 hours maceration time to soften the fruit. This is not included in the times given.
- 3 tea bags
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups mixed dried fruit
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup glace ginger
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tea bags in jug with boiling water and stand 5 minutes.
- Place dried fruit, ginger and brown sugar in heat proof bowl. Strain tea over fruit. Stand for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Line 12 hole muffin pan with patty cases.
- Stir flour and egg in to mixture until just combined.
- Pour into prepared patty cases.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown.