Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
googs my noogs!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, reserving 1/4 cup
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh red raspberries
- butter, for buttering baking pan
- Preheat oven to 350°F Scatter the chopped macadamias on a cookie sheet and place in oven toast until lightly golden, about 7 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Line 9x13x2-inch baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Butter and flour the foil or parchment and set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and whisk together to blend.
- Using an electric mixer at medium-high speed, beat brown sugar and butter in a large bowl until mixture is fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, and then add the vanilla extract. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture; mix only until just barely blended. (This is important¿over blending the flour will result in grumpy, dry blondies!).
- Mix in the chopped, toasted macadamias and then spread the batter evenly in prepared pan. Tap to remove any bubbles and press raspberries half way into the top. Sprinkle ¼ cup reserved macadamia nuts on top.
- Bake batter until golden blonde, about 55-60 minutes. A knife inserted in the center should emerge clean. Cool completely before cutting into 16 squares. Enjoy!