Recipe by BirdyBaker
Here is a recipe for Tazukuri, which are spicy glazed sardines. This recipe may seem unappelaing to many, but thoe who have actually tried Tazukuri love the spicy, slightly sweet taste. Very easy and quick to make.
- 4 cups peanut oil or 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 (3 ounce) packagedried tiny sardines
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wok or deep saucepan, heat oil to 360 F (180C).
- Place sardines in a large wire skimmer. Lower into hot oil.
- Fry 30 seconds. Drain on paper towels.
- In a small saucepan, bring soy sauce, water, mirin and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 5 minutes or until thick and syrupy
- Cool 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add sardines; mix well.
- Stir in sesame seeds.