Recipe by KaraRN
This recipe was on Paula's Home cooking today. Recipe courtesy Taylor Veldhuis. Posting here for safe keeping so I can give it a try. Looks yummy!
Top Review by PanNan
I loved the idea of the fresh cilantro and lime. I also think the house seasoning was a nice touch. Unfortunately I couldn't get much of the taste, as it was so hot my mouth was on fire (and I like things HOT). What flavor I could taste was great. I will pay more attention to the cook's note next time, and cut the amount of pepper and/or leave out the seeds.
- 2 fresh jalapenos
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 banana pepper
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon house seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Put everything but the tomatoes in a food processor. Chop until diced.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Serve with chips.
- Cook's Note: This recipe can be very hot and can be made without the jalapeno seeds and veins to make it less hot.
- House Seasoning:
- 1 cup salt, 1/4 cup black pepper,1/4 cup garlic powder.Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.