Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Actually found this on a package of egg noodles, changed it to my likes a bit and renamed it Tax Time, since I first made it the day we had our taxes done.. was fitting.
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, diluted with
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- Saute onion and garlic in butter over medium heat.
- Stir in meat and brown.
- Add flour, salt and pepper and mushrooms.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Combine diluted mushroom soup with sour cream.
- Stir into meat mixture, simmer 10 minutes.
- Cook your noodles according to package directions, drain.
- Serve mixture over hot noodles.
I made this to night. It was really good. Next time I will use less water a little runny. And maybe more mushroom's and onion's.
This was extremely tasty! I used a bag of gluten free cream of mushroom soup and gluten free noodles. Never had this kind of dish before - will make it again! Made for Choose Your Event Party Tag Game of the diabetes forum.
Well sistergirl, this is my new stroganoff recipe. It outdoes my old one tenfold. I only used 1 cup of water and instead of spooning the sauce over the noodles, I combined it all in a big pan. Mark, Whit and I all LOVED it. Thanks for a new family favorite.