Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lightning Quick to prepare. Serve over rice.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 -5 small zucchini
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel (diced tomatoes & green chili)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Prepare rice first. Open rotel and drain the liquid into a 2 cup measuring cup. You'll be using the rotel when the chicken is cooked so put it aside for now. Add the water to the measuring cup that contains the rotel liquid to equal 2 cups total. Pour into a sauce pan and add the rice. Rice is easy to cook if you do 2 things. Let it come to a boil then turn it down to low and leave it alone. Place a lid on the pot, slightly ajar. Do not lid it tight or it will over flow. Cook for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat, lid tightly and let the rice sit till ready to use.
- While the rice cooks, slice the zucchini. I like to slice it thin and slightly oval. Slice the chicken breast in about 1/2 inch slices. Choose a large skillet and add the oil, chicken, seasoning salt and pepper, stirring to coat the chicken evenly. Cook on medium to medium high for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through but not overcooked. Add the zucchini and rotel put a lid on it and turn to low. Cook for 5 minutes or until the zucchini is lightly cooked- still somewhat crunchy- Do not overcook AND take off the lid when done to ensure it doesn't continue to cook. Adjust seasoning to taste.