Recipe by Stacia_
Dhana Jeera Powder, is a blend of two basic spices: coriander and cumin powder.
Top Review by Outta Here
Delicious! Loved all of the spices and "heat" in this recipe. Easy to make, too! Served with rice. I also added a bit of water near the end, to make some "sauce". Made for Spring 2012 Pick a Chef game.
- 907.18 g boneless chicken thighs, cut into quarters
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into small dice
- 2 cloves
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamom pods
- 9.85 ml dhana jeera powder
- 2-4 fresh chili peppers, finely chopped
- 5-6 garlic cloves, peeled and mashed
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 1.23 ml turmeric powder
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 4.92 ml methi leaves
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, cut into cubes
- 2.46 ml garam masala
- 29.58 ml chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- . Put oil in a large, wide pan, and set over medium heat. Put in cloves, cinnamon stick and cardamom pots. Sauté until spices start to sizzle then add onions. Sauté onions until they are golden brown in color.
- Add dhana jeeru, salt, chilies, garlic, ginger, cayenne, turmeric, lemon juice and methi leaves. Cook for a minute. Put chicken pieces and stir.
- Cover lid and lower heat to medium low. Cook, turning pieces occasionally until all the juices released by the chicken disappear and chicken is golden brown in color. Add tomatoes and cook for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Take pan off heat. Sprinkle with garam masala and cilantro.