Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A variation on a loose-meat sandwich. This was our traditional Christmas Eve dinner.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 8 hamburger buns
- Add onions to water in medium saucepan.
- Boil on medium heat until onions are transparent.
- Add ground beef and ketchup.
- Continue cooking on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add Mustard and Chili Powder. Serve on hamburger bun.
Did not feel like cooking. Happened upon this recipe, and was glad I did. Not only fast. but easy and very tasty. I recommend it, especially on those lazy days
A friend of mine loves ketchup so he loved this (except he covered it with more ketchup!!) Nice and easy to make and lots of flavour. Glad you posted it.
These were very good - fast, easy, tasty and economical. I diced my onions very finely so they disappeared into the meat. The chile powder in these gives them a unique kick that makes them taste different from other loose meat type sandwiches I've had in the past.