Tavern on the Green's Roast Pork Sandwich
- TO ROAST ONIONS: Place very thin slices on a baking sheet, drizzle with virgin olive oil, sprinkle with kosher (coarse) salt and freshly ground pepper and roast in a preheated 350'F oven until tender but not colored, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- TO ROAST POTATOES: Dice potatoes and Toss with olive oil and bake in a preheated 350'F oven until soft, about 20 minutes.
- TO OVEN-DRY TOMATOES: Cut them in half lengthwise and place them, skin side down, on a baking sheet. Drizzle with virgin olive oil, sprinkle with fresh thyme, kosher salt, fresh black pepper and sugar and bake in a preheated 250'F oven until the tomatoes shrink, about 4 1/2 hours. Store in olive oil.
- Spread aioli or Dijon mayonnaise on lavosh, leaving a half-inch margin across the top.Layer onions, potatoes, tomatoes and lettuce on top, always leaving the top 1/2-inch uncovered. Top vegetables with pork in one layer. From the bottom, roll the sandwich tightly and evenly toward the top. Press the empty margin firmly against the roll to seal the sandwich.
- Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes so the roll is firm enough to cut.