from the Tavern on the Green restaurant, New York City
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: To make clarified butter, slowly melt a stick of unsalted butter until the milk solids melt to the bottom of the pan; skim foam off the top and use only the clear golden liquid.
- 2Pound chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap to make uniform thickness for even cooking.
- 3Dredge chicken breasts in flour, shaking off excess.
- 4Heat clarified butter in sauté skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Place chicken in pan and sauté until cooked halfway through, about three minutes; reduce heat to medium.
- 6Turn chicken over and add minced shallots and garlic; cook for one minute until you can smell the aroma of garlic, and then add wine to deglaze pan.
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Add mustard and stir into sauce; let sauce cook for two minutes to reduce, and then add heavy cream.
- 9Let sauce cook for another two minutes to thicken sauce slightly.
- 10Serve with chardonnay.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tavern on the Green's Chicken Francais
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.5
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 151.8 mg
- Sodium 347.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 37.6 g