1/4 Photos of Tavern Beer Battered Fish
Crafty Lady 13's Note:
This recipe is from a local tavern that is well known for their beer battered fish. This recipe makes a thick, fluffy batter that even non-fish eaters like myself will like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cornstarch.
- 2In a large bowl, beat together eggs and milk. Mix in beer. Stir in flour mixture. Season with salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- 3In a deep fryer or a heavy saucepan, heat oil to 375°.
- 4Coat fish in batter and submerge in hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tavern Beer Battered Fish
Serving Size: 1 (489 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2330.8
- Calories from Fat 2011
- Total Fat 223.4 g
- Saturated Fat 30.3 g
- Cholesterol 148.2 mg
- Sodium 336.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 31.4 g