Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
These are addictive! This is also popularly served in hotels with the name - Tava Dhingri. Very popular with those who love to eat mushrooms, like myself, but, few know how to cook this up:) A real tasty Indian dry vegetable worth every effort!
- 2 cups mushrooms, blanched and chopped
- 2 tablespoons almonds, cashews and poppy seeds paste
- 1 onion, sliced and made into paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- cilantro, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry onions in oil until golden brown.
- Prepare a paste of these onions.
- Keep aside.
- Soak almonds, cashews and poppy seeds in water prior to making this dish.
- Soak for 1 hour.
- Grind these well to prepare a paste.
- Now heat oil in a pan.
- Add ginger-garlic paste.
- Add cashews-almonds-poppy seeds paste.
- Add onion paste.
- Add yogurt.
- Mix well.
- Add salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Mix well.
- Add mushrooms (Each mushroom should be chopped into 4 pieces).
- Mix all well.
- Put into a serving plate.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately with rotis/phulkas/naan.