Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
An ideal snack for outdoor parties.
- 400 g fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 onions, grated
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
for the ginger-garlic paste
- 1⁄2 inch piece gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves
- Clean the mushrooms with kitchen paper and cut in halves. Sprinkle the flour and keep aside.
- Heat the oil and fry the onions till brown in colour. Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry again.
- Add the garam masala, chilli powder and coriander-cumin seed powder and fry again.
- Prepare tomato puree by putting the tomatoes into hot water for 10 minutes and then grating into a pulp.
- Add the tomato puree and fry again.
- Add the mushrooms, kasuri methi and salt and cook for a few minutes. Sprinkle a little water while cooking.
- Finally, add the cream and mix well.