Recipe by Lelandra
From: http://www.gamersfridge.com/2011/04/mulgore-spice-bread.html Mulgore Spice Bread A yummy, sweet spice bread that is a cross between spice cake and ginger bread. Mulgore Spice Bread is definitely a favorite among the Tauren and a well shared recipe. You can buy it from several vendors in the city. Walking through Thunder Bluff you will smell the aroma wafting about no matter which tier you are on Modified by using 1/2 cup blue agave nectar instead of 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup raw blue agave nectar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (168 degrees C).
- Combine corn syrup, brown sugar, and egg; mix well. Mix slowly by hand.
- Combine dry ingredients in another bowl; use a mixing spoon or spatula to lightly mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture and alternate with milk; mix well.
- Pour into a well greased loaf pan. it will fill it 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 60-80 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow loaf to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before removing it; place on wire rack to allow loaf to cool completely.
- Footnote if using original recipe with 1 cup dark corn syrup instead of 1/2 cup agave:.
- Footnote: If you have light corn syrup but no dark, here is a way to create dark corn syrup.
- 1 cup (237 ml) light corn syrup.
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brown sugar.
- 3-4 tbs (45-60 ml) of water.
- Mix together until sugar is disolved. Do NOT add heat.