Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the Highlanders Cookbook: Recipes from Scotland
- 2 cups boiled potatoes, mashed
- 2 cups boiled rutabagas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper
- chopped chives (to garnish)
- Combine equal amounts of cooked mashed potatoes and rhutabegas.
- Mix in half the butter.
- S& P to taste.
- Turn into a hot serving dish.
- Dot w/ more butter.
- Sprinkle w/ more pepper.
- Garnish w/ chives and serve.
Well this was truly delicious. My mom, grandpa, grandma and myself are the only ones I ever knew that liked, no loved rhutabagas & this is an awesome recipe. Thanks for posting.
OH MY WHAT WONDERFUL TASTE!This takes me back to my childhood.I don't use chives.For purists this is a no no but I add about 4 oz of cream cheese whipped in or sour cream. Then my grandkids will eat! Thanks for posting.