Prep 50 mins
Cook 15 mins
Beef and Potatoes
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon (Wylers Granules)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons bisto powder (not granules)
- 1 1⁄3 cups cold water
- 5 lbs potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Using a wok, saute the ground sirloin over medium heat.
- When the meat is browned, drain it, but do not rinse.
- Turn heat to low and add spices (except bisto).
- Mix for 2 minutes.
- Mix 2 Tbsp bisto powder and 2 cups cold water together (not into the meat).
- Add roughly half of the gravy to the meat and increase heat to medium.
- stir for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the gravy.
- stir for 5-10 more minutes.
- Use the rest of the water and bisto to make more gravy and add slowly over 5 minutes.
- cook on low for 15-30 minutes until thick.
- wash, peel, boil and mash the potatoes.
- add milk and butter to the potatoes.
- When ready, serve meat over the potatoes.
My mom used to make something like this. I made half the recipe and used leftover mashed potatoes, so it was quick and easy. I'm so glad I can get Bisto in my favorite local grocery store. Delicious and economical. Made for PAC Fall '07. Thank you for sharing.
Reviewed for PAC Fall 2007 I halved the recipe for just the three of us.I chose this recipe because my Mum used to make something very similar and often used Bisto.Ahhhh childhood memories. Thanks so much Flavortastic!