Recipe by flavortastic
Beef and Potatoes
Top Review by ElaineAnn
My mom used to make something like this. I made half the recipe and used leftover mashed potatoes, so it was quick and easy. I'm so glad I can get Bisto in my favorite local grocery store. Delicious and economical. Made for PAC Fall '07. Thank you for sharing.
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon (Wylers Granules)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons bisto powder (not granules)
- 1 1⁄3 cups cold water
- 5 lbs potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a wok, saute the ground sirloin over medium heat.
- When the meat is browned, drain it, but do not rinse.
- Turn heat to low and add spices (except bisto).
- Mix for 2 minutes.
- Mix 2 Tbsp bisto powder and 2 cups cold water together (not into the meat).
- Add roughly half of the gravy to the meat and increase heat to medium.
- stir for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the gravy.
- stir for 5-10 more minutes.
- Use the rest of the water and bisto to make more gravy and add slowly over 5 minutes.
- cook on low for 15-30 minutes until thick.
- wash, peel, boil and mash the potatoes.
- add milk and butter to the potatoes.
- When ready, serve meat over the potatoes.