1/1 Photo of Tattie Scones
Serve these scone/griddlecake hybrids with bacon, eggs, and large bibs to catch the drool! (Prep time includes cooking and mashing the potatoes)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat a dry frying pan or griddle over moderate heat.
- 2Mix together all the ingredients until thoroughly blended.
- 3Turn the dough onto a floured board and divide into three.
- 4Roll into a circle about ¼-inch thick.
- 5Cut each circle into 6 wedges.
- 6At this point, you may freeze some of the scones they will last for weeks and weeks and weeks in the freezer.
- 7Sprinkle the hot griddle with flour and bake each circle for about 5 minutes, until the edges begin to brown, turning once to cook both sides.
- 8For a really tasty variation, use a 50/50 mix of mashed potatoes and mashed rutabagas and/or mashed carrots.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tattie Scones
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.3
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.7 mg
- Sodium 107.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 1.8 g