Recipe by Tracey Davidson Mizell
Need to feed a group of teenage boys (or men!). Need something quick, easy, filling and inexpensive. This is your recipe!! My son's friends would call me to ask when I was making this so they could drop by for a visit. Now they are all in college, and when they're home, I still get requests for this "man meal".
Top Review by buiscutmaker
I made this last night and my husband loved it. I though, tasted way too much salt. I added NO salt to cooking. There just must have been too much salt in the tator tots, and soups. I will make it again. Thanks!!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 lb frozen tater tots
- grated cheddar cheese
- salt, pepper, Tony Chachere's
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown hamburger and onions. Drain and season with salt, pepper and Tony Chachere's (Cajun seasoning).
- Place tator tots in prepared 9 x 13 pyrex dish.
- Sprinkle hamburger and onions over tator tots.
- In a bowl, mix togethers soups. (you may add a little milk to thin this if desired) Spread over hamburger.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over top.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.