Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Need to feed a group of teenage boys (or men!). Need something quick, easy, filling and inexpensive. This is your recipe!! My son's friends would call me to ask when I was making this so they could drop by for a visit. Now they are all in college, and when they're home, I still get requests for this "man meal".
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 lb frozen tater tots
- grated cheddar cheese
- salt, pepper, Tony Chachere's
- In a skillet, brown hamburger and onions. Drain and season with salt, pepper and Tony Chachere's (Cajun seasoning).
- Place tator tots in prepared 9 x 13 pyrex dish.
- Sprinkle hamburger and onions over tator tots.
- In a bowl, mix togethers soups. (you may add a little milk to thin this if desired) Spread over hamburger.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over top.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
I made this last night and my husband loved it. I though, tasted way too much salt. I added NO salt to cooking. There just must have been too much salt in the tator tots, and soups. I will make it again. Thanks!!!
This was delicious - and the 1st time I've made tator-tot casserole ! I used grass-fed beef, organic soups and instead of Tony Chachere's, I used my favorite recipe - The Best Creole/Cajun Seasoning Mix #186029 - for the seasoning. This is absolutely wonderful comfort food after a busy work day and so easy to put together and pop in the oven while I had a short rest. Will definitely make this again since it all disappeared! Thanks for posting - made for Spring PAC 2012.
45 years ago my mom used to make a tater tot casserole for dad and I back on the farm. I have had alot of tater tot casseroles since but making this tonite is the first time I went back to my childhood days!!! This was delicious and my family just about ate the whole dish!! I made exactly as directed except I added about 3/4 can of corn on top of the hamburger and then put the cheese and then added a few tator tots on top which added a crispness that took it over the top!! Thank you very much for bringing back great memories!!!