I thought I made this up, but my son in Georgia has informed me that they make it down there as well, the difference is, this one IS mine!....Fast and Easy!
- Preheat Oven: 400 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and diced onions in skillet until done, adding salt and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add 2 cans of soup and 1/2 of water you can also use milk instead of water if you wish) and mix well.
- In a casserole dish, place the meat mixture in first at the bottom.
- Pour soup over the meat mixture and spread out evenly.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese over soup evenly.
- Finally, line the tater tots over the cheese covering the all dish.
- Place in oven on top rack and bake for 30-40 minutes until tator tots are golden brown and soup is bubbly. Let sit for about 5-10 minutes before serving to let it set.
This yummy casserole brought back a lot of memories. I haven't made it in years so I really enjoyed it. So easy to make and great taste. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
Just your good old basic tot casserole. Delish!!