Recipe by jodieleigh
I thought I made this up, but my son in Georgia has informed me that they make it down there as well, the difference is, this one IS mine!....Fast and Easy!
Top Review by CJAY
This yummy casserole brought back a lot of memories. I haven't made it in years so I really enjoyed it. So easy to make and great taste. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
- 2 lbs ground beef (The Leaner The Better)
- 1 small yellow onion (diced small)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 0.5 (10 7/8 ounce) can water
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) bag tater tots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven: 400 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and diced onions in skillet until done, adding salt and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add 2 cans of soup and 1/2 of water you can also use milk instead of water if you wish) and mix well.
- In a casserole dish, place the meat mixture in first at the bottom.
- Pour soup over the meat mixture and spread out evenly.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese over soup evenly.
- Finally, line the tater tots over the cheese covering the all dish.
- Place in oven on top rack and bake for 30-40 minutes until tator tots are golden brown and soup is bubbly. Let sit for about 5-10 minutes before serving to let it set.